Mission and Core Beliefs
Preparing Future Scholars, Innovators and World Citizens
- Scholars with the academic skills required for post-secondary and global workforce success.
- Innovators who create solutions to local and global problems through empathy, creativity, and collaboration.
- World Citizens who are respectful, responsible, ethical, and compassionate.
CORE BELIEF: We believe learning is a social process and relationships are important. Students known as individuals, challenged intellectually, respected, supported, and connected to their learning will be successful.
- Students take 3 to 4 academic classes at any one time during the school year.
- Reduced teacher academic caseload using alternative scheduling.
AUTHENTIC LEARNING EXPERIENCES
CORE BELIEF - We believe students who are challenged intellectually by actively exploring real-world problems value their learning and are motivated to succeed.
- Students engage in a demanding technical learning pathway through a cluster of three or more biotechnology and medical science courses.
- Students work side-by-side with academic and industry professionals to apply academic and technical skills in the work place.
ETHIC OF EXCELLENCE
CORE BELIEF: We believe students immersed in a school and community culture that fosters excellence will value their own accomplishments and strive for academic and social excellence.
- Students build and maintain portfolios and document their work.
- Students complete multiple drafts and accept critique and feedback from teachers and peers.
- Students lead their own parent conference.
SKILLED PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS
CORE BELIEF: We believe skilled teachers understand that students learn in different ways. They know a great deal about the learning process, and they use this knowledge to make the content accessible for diverse learners and support the learning process.
- Teachers must be experts in their subject matter, the needs of diverse learners, and the learning process.
- Teachers understand language learning and literacy development to support all students well, especially English learner students and students with learning differences.